<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 26, 2003

I'm finally back from the youthmin study tour. Overall it was a terrific time. We talked to 11 ministries, attended 7 services and had nine people vomit. Yes, it wasn;t all fun, as a drop of food poisoning led to a healthy dose of stomach emptying all round. Unfortunately that knocked us all around a fair bit and we lost a bit of oomph in the middle of it all. Yet despite all that we saw heaps, learnt heaps and had truckloads of fun.

It was amazing to see and hear about a variety of ministries and see how different they all are to each other. Many contradicted each other, yet they collectively gave us a big picture of the pot pouri of youthmin. (You know, I don't think I've ever used that phrase before - wonder what it means)

A group of us snuck off to see the lions destroy the swans on Saturday night. It was my live first experience of AFL, and I reluctantly must admit to enjoying it. The first 10 minutes was a bit slow, and it all seemed a bit daft when the lions ran around flapping their arms like - well swans I guess. It made me think the G isn't so silent after all. Anyway, an exciting 3rd quarter got us on the edges of our seats as the swannies caught up, so we enjoyed their 4th 1/4 destruction even more.

Overall I made heaps of friends, saw some amazing stuff and have been overloaded with ideas. Will have to throw something on about what I discovered later. (ooh, just realised there is a double meaning there)

oh yeah - happy birthday mum! Hope you'r enjoying Norfolk

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?