<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

DDP reflections
Just realised haven’t put any thoughts on DDP online yet. Here is what I hoped would stay with me form he DDP:

I would hope to increasingly accept what I have, and be prepared to be satisfied with a lot less than I have now. To consume less resources wastefully. To be more committed than ever to the truths that God will provide all my needs, and the command to be content with what In have now.

I hope to retain a desire for and practice of more communal living, with close relationships, real love, accepting attitudes and spending real time with people.

I hope to remember the idea that I think we’ve been sold a dud with the priesthood of all believers doctrine. I think we’ve interpreted it as saying that everyone needs a job in the Church, not that we are all meant to live holy lives that will connect people outside the Church with God. The Churches of Christ think they are revolutionary for allowing “laity” to serve communion, yet we are just busying up our people and distracting them from their core business.

A desire to encourage others to challenge their faith and not accept what everyone else thinks. I’ve always had this in my head, but over the last few years have let it slip in my actions.

A desire to welcome others to our house and show them hospitality.

A commitment to spend more time at home with my family.
A video, some pictures and a heap of memories.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?