<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 24, 2006

work 

So work-wise - what's happening?

After resigning from Spingwood, I had nothing lined up for the next year, except my one day per week youth vision wole (www.youthvisionqld.com). As I said before, my plan was to move into chaplaincy / teaching, and I applied for various courses. However, I was also offered a job with the Australian College of Ministries (ACOM - www.acom.edu.au) In the end I took that job and decided not to study for a while - which has turned out nicely, as I have been busy enough without it.

The role is quite good. Mostly I'm involved in admin work, with a small amount of subject facilitation and marking on the side. I do miss preaching regularly, and have done that say half a dozen times in 2006, but mostly at other Churches. Apart from that, I quite enjoy the job. The first few months I was in way over my head, but now I can at least touch the bottom. It's probably good for my humility to be in so many meetings where I know far less than anyone else there - there are some pretty bright cookies around!

So, I started working for ACOM 3 days per week at the start of January, and worked a bit for Springwood unti the end of Jan. From Feb on, it's been 4 days a week total - sort of.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?